Development Careers Pty Ltd Privacy Statement for Candidates
This Privacy Statement applies to Development Careers Pty Ltd and all references to "Development Careers", "we", "us", or "our" in this document are references to Development Careers Pty Ltd. Protecting your privacy is important.
Development Careers understands that your personal information is important to you and is committed to protecting your privacy. Development Careers is guided by the National Privacy Principles outlined in the Privacy Act 1988 and other applicable laws governing privacy. Where appropriate, Development Careers will handle personal information relying on the related bodies corporate exemption and the employee records exemption in the Privacy Act and any other applicable exemptions in other legislation.
Information we collect about you
Development Careers generally collects some or all of the following personal information about you when you submit a resume for our consideration or when you are in contact with a Development Careers representative.
· your name;
· your address and contact details;
· your employment history;
· referee opinions;
· interview opinions; and
· any other information that you have supplied on your resume or in communications with a Development Careers Representative.
How we obtain your personal information
· We obtain most of your personal information directly from you, for example:
· when you access our site;
· when you submit your resume to us; and
· each time you communicate with a Development Careers representative (by phone, fax, email or in person).
· We also collect some of your personal information from third parties including:
· reference checks with referees; and
· networking with your peers.
Why we collect your personal information
Development Careers collects personal information about you to carry out its business functions and fulfil its obligations to you, including in relation to:
· determining if you are suitable for a position;
· contacting you if a position becomes available that you may be interested in;
· submitting your details to a client for a potential position;
· notifying clients of your skills and availability for any future positions;
· complying with government legislation
· and providing you with the opportunity to obtain benefits through direct marketing (however you will always be given an opt-out option in relation to further direct marketing).
· In addition Development Careers may occasionally be required by law to collect, use and disclose your personal information, for example in order to comply with the requirements of government departments for business data.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
· Prospective employers or entities seeking to fulfil positions
· Government Entities when required by law.
How to access, correct or update your personal information
Development Careers relies on the accuracy of the personal information you provide to us.
To the extent authorised by the Privacy Act and other applicable laws, you can access and amend your personal information held by Development Careers.
If you wish to request access to, find out more about or seek amendment of your personal information held by Development Careers, you should contact Development Careers via email to kirsten @ developmentcareers.com.au or 07 3372 5832
Security of your personal information
Development Careers will take reasonable steps to ensure that we hold your personal information in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons for approved business purposes.
However, no data transmission across the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. While we strive to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us across the internet. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission we make our best effort to ensure its security.